Thursday, December 16, 2010

An Original Poem


A Wintery Bloomington Scamper

At the 2:30 hour of a snow stormy night,
I rush out the door with a car not in sight.
I run down the street with an ear-to-ear grin,
Snow hits my face as I soak it all in.

I head towards the campus to see who is out,
It’s mostly plow trucks thrashing about.
As I make it downtown I look at the lights,
and the bars are just closing, ending their nights.

The people I see as I gallop along,
give me a look as if something is wrong.
Some pump their fists, clap, and give cheers,
while others have had perhaps too many beers.

I finish my route through a few neighborhoods,
And that’s when I meet the deer in the woods.
Not sure what to think, of this two legged thing,
They watch as I pass, waiting to spring.

So, next time you doubt heading out on that run,
I hope you think of my night and all of the fun.
Don’t let the cold and snow be a damper,
Embark on your own perfect wintery scamper.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...