Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Week in the Life #1

I'm starting a new series called A Week in the Life - it's so much easier to take/share photos with you!

And because I'm a total slacker, A Week in the Life will become something more like A Few Weeks In the Life...

Week of October 14th, 2012

Run for the Animals
Sunday - Oct 14 - We took Ted to the Run for the Animals 5k to benefit the Humane Society. People brought their dogs and pets -- it was so cool! Ted met lots of other puppies and I took lots of photos of him.


Dancing in the street



NIRCA Regionals
Saturday - Oct 14 - I have had nothing but my responsibilities as NIRCA Event Director on the mind for the past few weeks! It's called October = high stress and no time on my hands!

I went to Ames, Iowa and Ben went to Colorado Springs (luckyyyy!) for Regional meets on Saturday.
Ben had only to be there by Saturday morning and left on a 7am flight Friday. After volunteering to give up his seat on an oversold flight twice, he picked up over $800 in Southwest Airlines vouchers with time to take a nap before his flight (bonus: we got to see each other at the airport as I was arriving to IND and leaving on my flight to Des Moines later that day). Win!
Mountain West Regional - Colorado Springs, CO

Iowa's not as bad/horrible/boring as I had envisioned. I actually enjoyed myself running on the Iowa State XC course before the races! It's an awesome course, very professionally marked and managed. It's challenging and and hilly, like IU's!
Super serious men's race

Me & Greg
Greg, (his buddy) Kris, and I ate at a restaurant called Hickory Park. In addition to amazing BBQ pulled pork sandwich, there was a WHOLE MENU devoted to dessert!!! We took at least 15 minutes trying to decide what to order. I would definitely recommend/go again.

Ames, IA was so nice I considered changing my plane ticket home to stay on Sunday morning and run the Des Moines Marathon... but not for a change fee of 200 bucks. Must remember that for next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...