Friday, July 20, 2012

Red Eye Relay Eve


Warning: a lot of randomness in this post.

In less than 24 short hours, we're going to be running the Red Eye Relay!

52 miles, 21 legs, 104 miles, 2 people. YES.

Now that it's relay day eve, it's starting to occur to us that we need to get ready.

Are you ready to experience the pre-RER chaos inside my head? 'Cause hold on tight...tons of really dumb stuff goes on up here.

Like:

Weather? I am so over this heat. Hope tomorrow's exactly like today.


...Yay! Ben brought home the new Nike sports bras I ordered! I am going to be decked out!!

Kroger trip. We have to go to Kroger tomorrow. I need beef jerky. And Eggos. Bananas, too.

[Beep] My muffins are almost done! (I'm making mini chocolate chip banana "power muffins" for snacks in between legs. Naming credit: Miss Katie.)

You think we can order a pizza? Bring a pizza with us to eat a 4am? ...Best idea EVER!

Laundry! We need 10 sets of clothes! -ish.  ...Ormaybeicouldwearthesamethingallnight...

I think my left leg is longer than my right leg today. Was that a twinge? I think I just felt a twinge. Yeah, that was definitely a twinge. I wish Dr. Mandy was here to fix this!

Grabbing: headlamp, Garmin and charger, phone and charger. MP3 player? ...I really hate that Gotye song. It needs to go away.

That reflective best had better not still smell like mildew. ::shudder:: Dish soap, oxyclean, bleach, and laundry detergent should've killed that. Right?

Checking to see if Twitter's on my phone... @bartleysrun. Follow us. Do it.

Meanwhile, Ben: more research. And more calculations.

It's gonna be a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...