Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Goals

Ok, 2011. You're mine!!

Here's what going to happen.

Running/Fitness Goals
1) Break 3:15 in the marathon. No plans for any particular marathon, but see how in #2 and #3.
My best times were run in races where I felt under-prepared or just didn't care too much about my time (go figure). So rather than training to focus on a single marathon, the aim is going to be for overall fitness, and I'm going to run a few big races along the way. On the same note, this will be my second Boston. I don't plan to race it, but just run and enjoy the New England scenery and amazing crowds.


Steph's 2011 Big Race Docket:

  • Boston Marathon - April
  • ? Indy Mini Half Marathon - May
  • Go Girl Indy Spring Triathlon - July
  • Cedar Point Half Ironman Triathlon - September
  • NYC Marathon - Octoberish
  • ? Tecumseh Trail Marathon - December

2) Run a PR marathon time by cross training more. This includes more time lifting weights, swimming, and logging miles on the bike. Hopefully more cross training will help prevent the different overuse injuries I've had in the past few years.


3) The motivation I have for doing #2 is my other goal, to complete the Rev3 Half Ironman. It'll be my third triathlon and longest tri by far (I have only ever completed sprints), but why not? I'm going to shoot for 50th percentile or better among the female athletes.



4) Run sub 19:45 in the 5k. Emphasis on a legit, measured-course 5k. Eh, we'll see. Definitely want to do this by racing more Mag7 races.


5) 7 Pull-ups, continuous, by the end of June. I started by putting the "Door Gym" in a guest bedroom door; we do one pull-up (or more) every single time we pass.  We've gotten pretty efficient in making trips upstairs!

6) BARA, BARA, and BARA.  Let's get this club going!!! I can't wait to be involved in everything Operations.  CHECK OUT THE LOGO!  Carman put this baby together for fun... Let me just post the Boston Athletic Association logo, so you can appreciate the humor:
    


Voila -- there are my 2011 goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...