Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Holy Heartbreak!

You guys, it's almost time for Boston!

Besides accidentally cancelling our hotel rooms, it's all been been smooth sailing. All of the Boston Qualifiers were featured in the Herald Times last week! If you didn't see it, here's the spread:


Yay Mag 7! Thanks!!


And as more of a sidenote, below is my "vintage" post-battle photo from Boston 2008. My dad took this obligatory photo at the hotel right after I'd finished and gotten cleaned up (for some reason now I'm thankful he did). That year was pretty warm and sunny, and I got sunburned on the right side of my body during the race, 'cause it's a point-to-point route! To this day, also, I still have no idea where Heartbreak Hill is. (And if you run with me in Btown, I don't care to see or know any more about it!)

Boston 2008 was my second marathon, the second one in a single season. For several reasons, finishing the marathon was the end of a really awful week - the type that is so draining and horrible that your brain just blocks the whole thing out. [Eek, I still get a knot in my stomach just thinking about it.] Don't I look.... exhausted?! But here I am, relieved to see my parents, and proudly wearing my finisher's medal & new Boston Marathon shirt, which eventually became my new favorite t-shirt.


I'm really looking forward to spending Boston time with Ben, Ted, Shiva, Jenny, and Thom... It's already going to be loads better than the first!

ps: You can track us on race day. Ben is bib #558 and I'm #6880. And go here to sign up for the Athlete Alert so you can get texts as we cross each checkpoint.

ps again: Just dug this one up too! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'll be working all day, bummed that I won't be able to track you guys as you run. First thing I'll be doing after work though is checking to see how everyone did. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...